12 Reasons why Autumn is the best season
Judging by the weather we’ve had today in the UK, we are well and truly into Autumn now. It’s Sunday afternoon and I am currently sitting in my PJ’s watching back-to-back Modern Family on TV whilst looking outside at the grey skies and the rain falling onto the cars. I’m so snug and cosy and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else today. Despite the rain, I love Autumn. It’s my favourite season. Here’s why I think it’s the best:
- The colours! All different shades of burnt reds, oranges and yellows everywhere are so pretty.
- Early low light and the beautiful glow it brings. Nothing beats being outside at this time, when the sun is getting ready to set in the sky and everything it kisses looks stunning. This is the best time to take photos as it flatters everything!
- The clothes! Every year I love it when Summer turns to Autumn and I can treat myself to new items for my wardrobe. Jumpers, boots and coats get me all excited. This year I am already obsessed with yellow! Watch out for an Autumnal fashion post coming up soon. In the mean time, take a look at my favourite late Summer clothes post here.
- Fireworks night. I’m not too keen on Halloween, but give me 5th November any day. There is something so romantic and lovely about being outside, wrapped up in layers whilst watching the firework displays cuddled up to the ones you love.
- Early evenings. The days may be shorter but it’s a good excuse to get into those pj’s early. I have to confess I normally put mine on as soon as I get home from work each day!
- Wearing slightly darker make-up. This might be just me, however I love using Autumn as an excuse to darken up the eye make-up a little. A touch more eyeshadow and eyeliner, and don’t get me started on the amazing lip colours to experiment with! Deep reds and sultry plums shades are my weakness.
- Watching the trees turn colour and then listening to the leaves and acorns under your feet as they make that delicious crunch noise. There is something so satisfying about finding that leaf that makes the loudest crunch.
- That chill in the air that you only get on Autumnal mornings. It makes everything feel fresh and clean. I love it.
- Going on walks and actually being able to enjoy them without becoming too hot and sweaty. Nothing beats a long walk (preferably in the country or along the coast), where you’re all wrapped up in cosy clothes.
- Eating heart warming, home cooked meals like soups, stews and roast dinners. Feeling your belly warm and being so satisfied and full when finishing.
- Hot chocolate! A lovely treat to have whilst on the sofa watching Sunday afternoon TV. I love mine with a dash of peppermint syrup.
- Being able to get really immersed in a good box set without feeling too guilty about spending your evenings inside on the sofa. I have Ozark lined up next and am really keen to start Mad Men all over again!
What do you love about Autumn? Is it your favourite season too?