July has flown by for me and it’s brought so many great moments. From now on I’m going to try to do a roundup each month. Whilst planning this post I’ve remembered so much of what i’ve done in July and I feel regular posts like this each month will make me process and appreciate an otherwise quick moving life!
July has brought me:
- A new series of Game of Thrones. I get so ridiculously excited about it every week. The best part is talking and dissecting each episode every week with my work colleagues.
- My husband and I started the IVF process which we are so excited about. The paperwork has all been sent off, we are just waiting to hear back from a clinic now!
- Celebrating at 2 friend’s weddings. Weddings make me so happy – I love them!
- I spent a spontaneous day in the sunshine in a row boat floating down a river in Guildford with my husband.
- I have been feeling annoyed at the crappy weather the UK has been having the past couple of weeks. Here’s hoping that our summer isn’t over yet!
- And if it turns out it has, I have started to count down the days to my next holiday in the sun (i’m heading back to Portugal in September for a few days with some friends)
- We booked a random weekend in London with friends. We had lunch at The Ivy, watched a matinee of Thriller (I 100% recommend it!) spent the rest of the evening drinking cocktails. For no reason at all other than we felt like treating ourselves.
- Feeling so pleased and proud that I finally managed to edit all of my photos from Lisbon. Hitting publish on the blog post felt so good.
- I spent a Sunday dancing and drinking in a field with friends at Citadel Festival.
- A dry August is on the card for me. I have vowed not to touch any alcohol this month. I feel I owe it to my body, especially as I’ll hopefully be starting IVF soon. (My work Summer party is mid-August so I may have to make an exception for that and have a drink or two).
- I also have just signed up for pilates classes after deliberating for a couple of months. I have sciatica in my left leg and so I am hoping this will really help it.
- Something I have had booked for a while is a Gin Tour at Silent Pool with my parents. I bought it for them for Christmas last year and I can’t wait to have a look around the distillery… only tasting for me though if I’m going to follow the no drinking rule i’m setting myself! I am lining up a review so watch out for that.
- Mark and I have tickets to see the Simon & Garfunkel Story (musical) mid August too and I am so excited. I’ve heard the show is brilliant. I am a massive Simon & Garfunkel fan so am really looking forward to this.
- We have a Bank Holiday in the UK at the end of the month. Always a good reason to celebrate!
- Hopefully we will be hearing back from our chosen IVF clinic this month.
- I am planning to blog more and have a couple of collaborations in the pipeline too.
What do you have planned for August?