September has been pretty good, and for me it’s absolutely flown by. I can’t believe we’re in October now – this whole year has gone ridiculously quick. The days are becoming shorter and we’re all in our boots and layers now which I love. I have to say, Autumn/ Winter fashion probably wins it for me. Nothing beats a big knitted jumper!
This post, like the past 2 months before it is dedicated to a round up of what i’ve been up to this month as well as what i’m looking forward to next month. I like doing posts like this as it allows me to look back at all of the great things that have happened and reminds me that even though life seems to be going so quickly at the moment, I am forever grateful for all of the opportunities I have.
September has brought me:
- Another holiday to Portugal. My husband and I spent 3 days on the beach of Comporta with 2 close friends and their gorgeous 8 month old little boy. Look out for a blog post in a few weeks!
- Our IVF letter with the long awaited date for our initial consultation!! That was an exciting day when that arrived.
- A trip to Gatwick Aviation Museum. Bit of a random one, but a great afternoon out. We had friends staying for the weekend with their 3 year old Marley who is really into planes. If you’re looking for something to do with a little person then I definitely recommend this place.
- As I mentioned in my last round-up post, I said I was going to treat myself to an Indian Head Massage. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the best experience when I went for it. It was a new spa, and one I hadn’t been to before. Everything was sorted out and I was given my money back so the blog post I was planning regarding it will unfortunately not be happening!
- Wearing jumpers & loafers! As mentioned above, I’ve been loving wearing my Autumn clothes! Check out my post all about my must-have Autumn shoes.
- Blog post goals achieved. I set myself a challenge of writing more blog posts last month and with six written I have to say I was quite proud of myself. Go check them out now if you haven’t read them already.
- Long country walks. One of the best one’s i’ve been on recently was on Headley Heath, Surrey. Close to where I live. We did end up getting lost a couple of times but it was such a lovely day, I love being outside amongst nature. It makes me happy.
- 2000 Instagram followers! I am so happy to have made this achievement in the 8 months I’ve had my blog and Instagram account. I love getting to know my followers more every day.
- New hair. I decided to get rid of the blonde bayalage in my hair and go for a darker all over brown. I’m still getting used to it and not sure if it’s too dark but it’s nice to play around and try something different from time to time.
October Goals & Excitement
- Our First IVF appointment with our consultant is in October. This is where we will find out when we should be starting the process and what the plan tailored to us based on our test results will be. I am so excited and can’t wait to get started.
- My 2nd wedding anniversary. I can’t believe I have been married for
two years. We are celebrating by going to stay at Elmley Nature Reserve on the Isle of Sheppey. Three days of being amongst nature, going on long walks and star watching. It’s going to be heaven.
- I have tickets to watch Pretty Woman at a Luna Cinema in my local park this month. I have seen the film more times than I can count but watching it outside in the dark is an experience I’m looking forward to. Fingers crossed there is no rain!
- Mark and I have decided we are going to make an effort to go on more nature walks. Sometimes we take living in Surrey amongst countless countryside for granted so we are going to invest in some walking shoes and get outside more.
- Of course, October brings Halloween, however I am not a fan at all! Give me Fireworks Night on 5th November any time!
What are you looking forward to in October?