The weather in the UK for August has been pretty shocking. And not in a good way. After last month’s July round up post, here’s one for August and what I’m looking forward to in September.
August has brought me:
- Pilates classes. I suffer from sciatica in my left leg and have signed up to a pilates class once a week which seems to be helping at the moment. I was so shocked to find my core is so weak so I’m looking forward to building that up!
- Hope. We were hoping to have heard back from our IVF clinic by now with an appointment date for our first consultation but it still hasn’t arrived. We have been assured it’s on it’s way so I’m trying hard to concentrate on other things and remain positive.
- An unexpected promotion! It’s amazing what a promotion can do for your confidence.
- A gin tour. It was just as good as it sounds. Read about it all here.
- The Simon and Garfunkel Story. I am a huge fan of their music and was recommended this show by a friend. It was so good – I definitely recommend it.
- A guest post. I have written a guest post on the awesome new blogger community website The Blogger Crowd. I share my photo editing secrets. Check it out!
- Collaboration. I have collaborated with the cool phone case brand Ideal of Sweden. I have a blog post all about the cases coming soon.
- Spontaneous treats. Mark and I decided to treat ourselves to a weekend in London with tickets to see the Michael Jackson musical ‘Thriller’, lunch at the Ivy and a hotel stay. Nothing beats celebrating nothing!
- My Dad Wrote a Porno. If you haven’t heard about this podcast then you need to download and start listening ASAP. It is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time. I listen to it on my walk to and from work and I must look like such a weirdo walking along laughing to myself.
- A lavender field. I’d wanted to visit Mayfield Lavender Field for a few years and finally got the opportunity to do so this month. It’s a huge place full of (you guessed it!) lavender. Its very touristy though so if you’re planning on going get there early… although get in there quick as they close for the season on 17th September.
- A trip back home. My home town is Leigh-on-sea. My family still live there and I love going back to visit whenever I can. I hadn’t been back for a while but when I did a few weeks ago it was SO good. Being by the sea makes my heart sing.
- Country walks. I have lived in my house in Reigate for a year now, having moved here from Dorking. I love walking and it’s taken me this long to explore the countryside around our house. It’s so beautiful.
September Goals & Excitement
- September brings my next holiday! I am off to Comporta in Portugal for a few days with some friends. I can’t wait for some sunshine and heat whilst relaxing on a beach.
- Hopefully hearing back about our IVF appointment. I’m also due to meet some other ladies who are about to start the process too. It’s always great to talk to people who are going through the same thing you are.
- My best friend, her husband and their little boy are coming to stay this weekend and I can’t wait. We always have such a great time when they come to stay.
- I have decided to treat myself to a pamper session, just because. I’m thinking an Indian Head Massage or a Hot Stone body massage… what do you think?
- I’m so excited to start seeing Autumn clothes in the shops at the moment. Rest assured I will be making some purchases this month. Watch out for the blog and Instagram posts!
- I have been finding it hard to find inspiration for blog posts recently so have set myself the goal to post at least three. Watch this space!
What are you looking forward to in September?