We are well and truly into September now which means Autumn, which means colder weather, layers and closed toe shoes! I love sandals and open toed shoes and so I find it hard to ditch them each year when the weather turns and the air becomes cold. If I had it my way I would live in sandals year round, however all of the pretty Autumn/ Winter shoes definitely cushions the blow. I have to admit, I am a recent convert to loafers and I love how many different styles and colours they come in. They are chic, classic and they go with everything too.
Not only are Loafers perfect for Autumn (especially as it transitions from Summer) but they are back massively this season!
The high street has so many beautiful options to choose from right now. Here are a few of my favourite styles that are available in the shops and online now.
- Bershka Chunky Loafer – £29.99 – this pair by Bershka are ones that are top of my must-have list. I love the slight wedge to them and the gold tipped fringing gives them a more unique and alternative look. I can imagine wearing these with long culottes and a white shirt for an edgy look. Or skinny blue jeans and a jumper for a more relaxed style.
- New Look Burgundy Patent Loafers – £22.99 – the classic patent style from New Look are the most bargain-icious pair of shoes on this list. These would look fab with black skinny trousers, t’shirt and leather jacket. Or alternatively with black tights and a preppy dress.
- Topshop Loco Chain Trim Loafers – £32.00 – I love the colour of this pair of shoes from Topshop. The red, along with the chain could really bring a plain outfit to life but still keeping to a classic style.
- Topshop Krayon Embroidered Loafers in Silver – £75.00 – these shoes, along with the next ones on the list are really great if you want to make a statement with your outfit. The shade of silver with the red rose will mean everyone’s eyes are immediately drawn to your feet. Ah-maz-ing!
- Topshop Krayon Embroidered Loafers in Black – £75.00 – same as above but the panther on the more classic colour of black just make these shoes that even more special.
- ASOS Maxwell Leather Loafers in Brown – £35.00 – I know these are just brown and normal looking, but I love them. Classic, elegant. Blue jeans, white shirt. Outfit complete.
All of the choices above I absolutely love. I have found some inspiration on Pinterest of how they could all be styled (see below). I absolutely love the classic black skinny jeans and white shirt/ jumper look with any type of loafer.
How do you like to style yours? What are your favourites from my list?